We Get Results
  1. Home
  2.  | 
  3. Firm News
  4.  | What you should do if you are chargd with domestic violence in Apache Junction

What you should do if you are chargd with domestic violence in Apache Junction

Domestic violence is one of the most frustrating charges a person could face. Often times, people think domestic violence is simply making physical contact with your spouse or significant other. Domestic violence, however, can be a lot more complicated than that.

Domestic Violence Charges

Very rarely do the lawyers at my office represent somebody who is charged with physically hurting someone else. What you have to keep in mind is, domestic violence is a designation, not a criminal charge. There are several different criminal charges they can be charged as domestic violence. Domestic violence designations depend on the relationship a person has with the alleged victim. These relationships can either be a roommate, family member, significant other or former significant other. If a person commits an act that includes assault, disorderly conduct, criminal damage, threatening and intimidating, and the victim has a relationship with the defendant that falls under the domestic violence law, their acts will have a domestic violence designation.

Charges that come with a domestic violence designation generally have a stiffer consequence. The consequences include jail, probation, losing the ability to carry a firearm, domestic violence courses, and possible parenting courses.

Hire Experienced Domestic Violence Lawyers

As you can see, penalties for domestic violence are serious. The good news is, our Apache Junction lawyers have a significant amount of experience defending clients charged with domestic violence. We understand there are always two sides to every story. Relationships are complicated. Often times, a victim may tell a false story simply because they were upset with the situation. It is our job as attorneys to tell our clients’ side of the story in an attempt to get the case completely dismissed.

Before things spiral out of control, let our lawyers begin working on your case. The sooner we get started, the better. (480) 374-8939